Sustainability Facility Professional™
Become a leader in developing sustainable FM strategies
IFMA’s SFP® is an assessment-based certificate program delivering a specialty credential in sustainability. By earning your SFP credential, you will develop and gain recognition for your expertise in sustainable FM practices while impacting your organization's economic, environmental and social bottom lines. Watch a short video about how the SFP can help you.
How do I earn the SFP?
The Sustainability Facility Professional® is the only tool you’ll need to earn your SFP credential in one complete program. This interactive program will teach the knowledge, skills and tools needed to develop sustainable facility management practices and also includes the final SFP assessments required to earn the SFP credential.
Want to know more about IFMA's SFP® credential? Watch a webinar to learn more
Ready to Order?
IFMA is an ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer - Accreditation #1057. IFMA is accredited to issue the FMP and SFP Certificate to those successfully completing the FMP and SFP Certificate Program by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ANSI/ASTM E2659-09. ANSI is the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ANSI accreditation is nationally and internationally recognized as a mark of quality. It assures companies, customers and the general public that a certificate holder has completed the prescribed course of study in a manner that represents the best in quality education and training.
Benefits of the SFP
Why pursue the SFP credential?
- Learn to use knowledge-based and data-driven methods to develop valuable solutions.
- Rise to the challenge of balancing sustainability and the corporate mission.
- Impact your organization’s triple bottom line; economic, ecological and social growth and stability.
- Gain a competitive advantage as an informed champion, partner and steward of the built environment.
- Join an exclusive network of like-minded professionals that have achieved their SFP credential.
- Earn LEED Maintenance CE credits: LEED professionals can earn 70 general continuing education hours upon completion of the SFP program.
- Earn IFMA-issued CEUs and CFM Maintenance Points. Learn more.
Why should employers support the SFP?
- Gain staff that can effectively plan, implement and measure the return on sustainable FM best practices.
- Improve the indoor environment, reduce fuel and resource-use, have a minimal impact on the environment, and ultimately improve the triple bottom line.
- The IFMA SFP Credential Program teaches and tests relevant, practical content developed by world-class and globally diverse sustainable facility management experts and practitioners.
- Save time and money by using IFMA’s training materials and interactive online study tools as the basis of your sustainability training program. Corporate/group training options and discounts are available.
- Create a shared baseline of knowledge throughout your team.
- The SFP credential is an unbiased measure of the baseline of sustainability FM knowledge held by a current or potential employee.
- Demonstrate to internal stakeholders and external clients your staff’s competence and commitment to sustainable practices.
- Self Study: 3
- Instructor Led: 7
CFM Maintenance points:
- Self Study: 30
- Instructor Led: 70